Name: Mandy Kieshauer (aka LunaFeles)
Country of residence: Germany
Photography background: I’ve always liked to take photos… okay only as tourist. In 2008, I tested a DSLR for the first time and I really liked the feeling of shooting with it. In the same year I bought my first DSLR. Especially with my travel photography, I want to show how wonderful and interesting all countries are.
At the moment I’m testing new techniques for taking photos which I don’t have to edit on the PC because I admire the work of photographers who don’t process their shots so much with Photoshop. For me, this is really ART.
The Best Ways to Improve as a Photographer (IMHO)
- First of all, be inspired but don’t copy. Have your own style!
- If someone has an idea for you or wants to help, listen to them.
- For inspiration, every week I check the photos of different photographers and decide which have a WOW-effect. Then I think about why I’m so fascinated by the picture and try to learn from it.
- As a travel photographer in other countries, you will have contact with a lot of different people with different backgrounds. Learn something about their culture and homeland so this interest can be reflected in your photos.
- Finally, never think that your photos are perfect. Be realistic because you can learn so much from others!